Lent is a time of preparation for Easter – the holiday that celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Many of us think of the forty days of Lent as an opportunity to alter their daily lives and become closer to God.
Traditionally, we ‘give something up’; be it sweets, fizzy drinks or crisps. This year, the children might think of ‘taking something up’; wash up, help with dinner, take the dog for a walk, offer to mind your siblings.
Below you’ll find resources to use with children during Lent, Holy Week, and Easter this year.
To help children and their families, resources include:
▪ A prayer service for Ash Wednesday (17th February), which marks the beginning of Lent
▪ A Lenten Calendar of Kindness with activities to carry out each day
▪ prayers and actions to do with their families during Holy Week
▪ A prayer service for Easter Sunday (4th April)
▪ An Easter colouring competition for children